Treat Your Nails From Any Common Problem With 5 Home Remedies
Unless you start to dedicate some extra time to treat your nails, their natural condition isn’t likely to be very great. I remember I used to routinely get hangnails, breakage and dead skin around nails.
It made me realise just how important nail care was to keep yourself looking groomed. And to get started with it, nothing beats a natural home remedy.
Many household ingredients possess the exact properties, one needs to deal with these issues. By-far, one thing every girl should be doing is providing both the finger and toenails with a ton of moisture!
So, try to use some hand cream or vaseline in those areas, as often as you can. The Strategist, a NY based magazine, listed out a whopping 21 options to choose from in their article and best of all, each one is available on amazon.
Apart from that, here are some quick and easy do-it-yourself hacks.
How To Remove Dead Skin
Salt And Water
- Take two cups of hot water in a large bowl.
- Mix in 2-3 spoons of salt.
- Soak your hands in the bowl for 10 minutes.
- You can use a pumice stone, nail file or a similar tool to aid the exfoliating process.
How To Fix Yellow Nails
- Take the juice from half a lemon, or get a tablespoon of ready-made lemon juice.
- Mix it with a cup of warm water in a bowl.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Once you’re done, buff them with the remaining pulp/ residue.
How To Strengthen Nails
Vitamin E + Honey
- Put a spoon of almond or vitamin E oil into a small bottle or tube.
- Add in about 1/2 a teaspoon of honey and stir it well.
- Apply the mixture all over your nails and let it sit for 20 minutes. You can even use this as an overnight treatment, and put gloves on your hands.
- Rinse it off at the end.
How To Prevent Nails From Breaking
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Get 1 part of apple cider vinegar with 1-2 parts of water (depending on how strong you want it to be).
- Place your hands and/or feet in the solution for around 15 minutes, or as long as you can.
- Pat dry with a towel and make sure to moisturise afterwards.
How To Boost Nail Growth
- Add 100% pure extra virgin coconut or olive oil to a dropper bottle.
- You can additionally mix in a few drops of vitamin E oil or lavender oil. (Optional)
- Put a drop on each nail, taking in a few minutes to thoroughly massage the product.
- Leave it on overnight, this should be easy as the oil will dry off in a short while.
If you’ve made it all the way here, I’d love it if you could comment on your favorite color down below. Keeping the conservation going with my fellow audience is something I really look forward to.
Also, why not check out 17 Things You Must Do For Healthy Nails At Home while you’re at it? Your nails will thank you in return for the love you give to them. As always, have a nice day everyone!