Blackheads (and whiteheads) can be a huge skincare problem one has to deal with. They form when excess oil and/or dirt gets clogged in hair follicles. Naturally, such an occurrence is thought to be limited to those with extremely oily skin. That misconception is, however, false. Pores can get clogged even in normal or dry skinned individuals.
Wait, there’s more bad news. if the unsightly appearance of blackheads wasn’t enough to convince you to remove them! When left untreated, these can permanently stretch out pores. That means you’ll end with visibly larger pores. a major cosmetic disaster.
With nothing but your bare hands, blackheads can be pretty hard to get rid of. Special tools can do the job, but there is the risk of leaving marks behind. So, what is the best solution? The answer is simpler than you imagined. This quick 5 minute do-it-yourself skin trick is enough for mild-moderate cases.
For making this paste, you’ll need the following quantities of ingredients:
– 1 tbsp baking soda
– 1 tsp honey
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 1 tsp water (add more for sensitive skin)
1. Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl until a thick paste is formed.
2. Take a washcloth soaked with hot water. Press it on the required areas for a few minutes, to open up the pores.
3. Gently scrub the mixture onto the face, preferably with a clean toothbrush. Using a toothbrush is better because it can aid in exfoliation.
4. Leave it on as a mask, for about 3-5 minutes. After this time period you should notice that it dries out.
5. Rinse off the mixture with water.
6. Grab the washcloth again and press it against the skin. Make sure the water is still hot to keep the pores open. You will notice that all the gunk inside is easily removed on pressure. Use your fingernails as well, if you need to.
7. Pat dry with a clean towel and apply lotion.
That’s it for this super simple remedy. You should see great results and start to get clearer skin within a week of doing so. However, don’t perform this hack more than 3 times a week. Please let me know what you think, in the comments down below!